As a Boardmans cardholder we’re rewarding you instantly! With the launch of the Thank U rewards programme you can now swop your existing card for our exciting new Boardmans Thank U card, at no cost to you.
Earning points couldn’t be easier or quicker. We’ve devised a programme that truly rewards both account and cash customers. You automatically earn base points every time you swipe your card as well as special bonus points on in-store promotions.
Terms and Conditions
- Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card is operated and issued by Edcon Limited (“Edcon”) or its subsidiaries in the respective, relevant countries (Lesotho: Edgars Stores Lesotho (Proprietary) Ltd, Namibia: Edgars Stores (Namibia) Limited, Swaziland: Edgars Stores Swaziland Limited). The Thank U Rewards Card, even though issued to you, remains the property of Edcon at all times.
- Participating stores in Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme are: Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations, CNA and Shoe Gallery. Loyalty points can be earned and redeemed in any of these participating stores. Airport CNA franchise stores are excluded from the programme. Stores can be added or removed at Edcon’s discretion.
- The Thank U Rewards Programme is valid for participating stores in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho. (Stores in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique are excluded at this time.)
- The Thank U Rewards Programme is not open to permanent or casual employees of Edcon or their direct family members.
- For all existing Edcon Store Account, Rewards and Cash Card customers who become members of the Edcon Thank U Rewards Programme, Edcon will own and have the right to market to you, communicate with you and share your personal information with its business partners for the purposes of marketing goods and services, unless you have chosen to opt out at any time.
- If you do not currently hold an Edgars or Jet Store Account Card, Cash Card or Rewards Card and would like to become a member of Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme, you will need to complete the necessary application form and submit this – including your valid Identity number or passport number, telephone or cellphone contact number and postal address – to any participating store.
- It is incumbent upon members to ensure that their personal and contact details are correct at all times in order to receive loyalty programme offers and promotions. If you change your contact details and do not inform Edcon, the company cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your personalised offers. You must inform us of any change of contact details by calling our Customer Services Care Line for Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet on 0860 113 639 or visit a Customer Service Desk or Service Centre in-store.
- Edcon will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. If you lose your card, this must be reported at any Edcon store at the Customer Services Counter or the Service Centre where the lost or damaged card will be replaced free of charge. Customers may also call the Call Centre to report a lost card: Edgars on 0860 112 442 and Jet on 0860 113 639.
- Edcon reserves the right to terminate the programme at any time, subject to 30 days notice period.
- Should Edcon terminate the programme for any reason whatsoever, cardholders will be duly notified and have the opportunity to spend their points within 6 months of date of termination of the programme.
- Edcon reserves the right to make changes to the loyalty programme and to amend the programme’s Terms and Conditions as they see fit.
- Your Edcon Thank U Rewards Card cannot be used as a credit, store account or gift card.
- Your Edcon Thank U Rewards Card points may not be used for account payments (which includes, but is not limited to, Club and/or Insurance fee payments), nor be exchanged for cash or credit; and no change will be given on points redeemed and used as a trade discount against the purchase of goods.
- Points earned on one Thank U Rewards Card may not be transferred to another Thank U Rewards Card at this time.
- Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Cards and points may not be sold or transferred to another party.
- Abuse of the programme entitles Edcon to cancel your membership and you will forfeit any rewards points earned. Edcon reserves the right to lay criminal charges for illegal or fraudulent use of the card or programme.
- Participating stores in the Edcon Group may use your purchasing information in conjunction with information about you provided by third parties, for market and product analysis in order to generate statistical reports for internal and external use. These reports are aggregated and will not contain any personal information that identifies you.
- Edcon may use your personal information to conduct a credit bureau check for the potential purpose of offering you an Edcon Store Account Card if you do not already have one.
- Customers may only earn and spend points in the territory in which the Thank U Card was issued. However, customers are permitted to obtain more than one Thank U Card (ie: one in each territory).
- Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time. Please visit our website at www.thanku.co.za for the latest update.
Earning Loyalty Points
- Points will be earned for purchases of all inclusive products.
- To earn points at any Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations, CNA, Topshop, Topman or Shoe Gallery store, you must hand your Thank U Rewards Card to the cashier at the till point before you pay for your purchases.
- If a Thank U Rewards Card is not presented at the time of purchase, no points will be earned for that purchase. Points lost or forfeited due to ‘card not present’ cannot be claimed retrospectively.
- Certain products are exempt from earning points and Edcon may amend these products from time to time at their discretion.
- You will not earn points on gift card purchases, gift card top-ups, Insurance products, payments of 3rd party services – including but not limited to – utility bills and purchase of lottery tickets.
- Purchases of Edcon 3rd party partner products are excluded from points earning. This includes, but is not restricted to, Planet Fitness contracts, Mango airline tickets, Regis and Gary Rom Hair Salons, Jewellery repairs, alterations.
- No points are earned on Edcon in-store concessions including, but not restricted to, Sunglass Hut.
- Base points are earned on all inclusive products at a rate of 10 (ten) points per net SA Rand* spent. This applies for all tender types (cash, debit card, credit card, Gift card, cheque, charge card – Amex and Diners). (*NOTE: Or Namibian dollar/ Emalangeni /Loti)
- During any double points and other events, both in store and online, existing points promotions will not be multiplied and bonus points will be applied only to the base points earned on the product.
- Bonus points may be earned or awarded at Edcon’s discretion and campaign criteria and spend thresholds must be satisfied.
- Points earned with Edgars Club or Jet Club partners may, in addition to these Terms and Conditions, be subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Club partner concerned.
- Customers may also be eligible to earn Thank U Points by signing up for a Vodacom contract within an Edcon store. Thank U Points will only be earned on such contract by making local calls (within the borders of South Africa), and excludes international or roaming calls or any premium rated or value added service calls /SMSs. Thank U Cardholders will earn 10 points for every R1 spent on their contract.
- Points will be reflected on your Thank U Rewards Account within 3 (three) working days of your purchase.
- Customer points balances will be available in-store at the point-of-sale terminals, Customer Service desks, on Thank U Account statements, from the Call Centre by calling Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet on 0860 113 639 and online at www.edgars.co.za, www.legit.co.za and www.jetonline.co.za
- In the event that points are unable to be allocated to your Thank U Card due to system errors or downtime, please retain your proof of purchase so that these points can be allocated to you at a later stage. Please note that we will be unable to allocate these points at a later stage if you do not produce a valid proof of purchase.
- Edcon reserves the right to change the earning rate and/or value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
Spending Loyalty Points
- With effect from 1 April 2012, once your points balance reaches 10,000 points, you will be able to spend your points by presenting your Thank U Rewards Card at the till points in participating stores and advising the cashier you wish to use points as a trade discount against your cash or account purchase. Your points balance will be reduced by the equivalent value spent.
- Upon collecting your first 10,000 points (subject to the 3 day period mentioned in point above) you will be able to use your points as a trade discount against purchases at participating store’s till points. (10,000 points are equal to R10 trade discount against a future purchase). You are not obliged to redeem points upon gathering 10,000 points. You can save as many as you wish within the points expiry period of 36 months.
- Customer points balances and points redemption information will be available in-store at till points, on Thank U Account statements, online at www.edgars.co.za, www.legit.co.za and www.jetonline.co.za and from the Call Centres: Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet 0860 113 639.
- Edcon reserves the right to change the conversion value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
- Points redemption is subject to online system availability.
Validity of Loyalty Points
- Edcon reserves the right to purge any Thank U Rewards account that has been inactive (i.e. no points earned or redeemed) for a period of 12 (twelve) consecutive months. Points attached to inactive accounts will be forfeited.
- All rewards points earned but not redeemed within 36 (thirty six) months will be subject to automatic expiry.
- Points attached to a lost or damaged card can be transferred to your new card providing they have not been spent prior to reporting the lost/damaged card and obtaining a new, replacement card. This can be done in-store at the Customer Services counter in participating stores.
- Points earned for transactions where goods are later returned, will be deducted from your points balance on your Edcon Thank U Rewards account.
- Points balances on delinquent accounts or account arrears will not be available for redemption or spend until such time as the account arrears have been settled in full.
- You may cancel your membership of the programme at any time by calling our Customer Services Care Line on 0860 112 442 for Edgars or 0860 113 639 for Jet. When exiting the programme you will forfeit any points already earned but not yet redeemed.
- Upon death of a Member, written notification must be provided to Edcon, upon receipt of which the account will be closed and the points forfeited. This can be done at the Customer Services counter in-store.
Why do I need to provide my personal details?
We need your personal details so we can contact you to keep you updated on all your Thank U benefits and other exciting Thank U vouchers and promotions.
Are there different levels of membership?
No, all Thank U shoppers are treated equally.
How do you earn Thank U points?
Just hand your Thank U card to the cashier at the till point when you make purchases and the cashier will swipe your card. For every R1.00 you spend, we give you 10 base points. Plus there are ongoing in-store promotions that allow you to earn bonus points. After each purchase, your new points will be allocated to your Thank U account within 3 working days.
How much are my points worth?
10 000 Thank U points are worth R10.00.
Can I earn Thank U points on Online Shopping?
Yes, you can. (see our websites www.jetonline.co.za or www.edgars.co.za or www.cna.co.za or www.legit.co.za or www.jetmart.co.za or www.boardmans.co.za or www.redsquare.co.za)
Can I earn Thank U points on airtime?
Yes, you can.
Is there anything on which I won’t earn Thank U points?
There are a few items in our stores on which you won’t earn Thank U points. These include gift card purchases, gift card top-ups, Financial Services products, payments of 3rd party services (such as utility bills or any companies who accept Edgars Credit as payment).
Can I earn Thank U points at all Edcon stores?
Yes, you’ll earn Thank U points whenever you shop at any participating Edcon store in South Africa, Namibia , Lesotho and Swaziland except Airport CNA stores and Discom. Participating stores include: Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, CNA, Jet, Jetmart and Legit.
When can I spend my Thank U points?
Thank U points can be spent at any of our participating stores from 1st April 2012. A minimum of 10 000 Thank U points is required per spend, giving you R10.00 back on your purchase.
Do I get Thank U points on the total of my purchases including the VAT amount?
Yes, you do. Points are calculated on the total value of your purchase, after discounts and include the VAT amount.
Is there a way I can rather convert my Thank U points to physical cash?
No, it is not possible. Your points are as good as cash because you can use them to pay towards your purchases at participating stores once you have reached the minimum points balance of 10 000 points.
Where can I check my points balance?
You can check your points balance by visiting www.thanku.co.za, or by visiting your nearest store. Alternatively, simply contact the call centre on 0860 112 442.
How do I earn points other than base points?
As well as earning base points every time you shop, there are in-store promotions that allow you to earn bonus points.
- Paying your club fees monthly
- Opting in to receive store card statements online
How will I know that my recent purchase at any of the participating Edcon stores earned me Thank U points?
You will see the following line on the bottom of your till slip indicating that your purchases have been registered and will reflect on your Thank U account within 3 working days of purchase:
Thank U card # ************0170
I forget to take my Thank U card along with me when I shop. Can I still get my points?
Unfortunately, no card, no points. We can’t award points afterwards, so always remember to swipe your card at the till point.
My friend received different vouchers to me. Why is that?
We try to ensure that any vouchers you receive are valuable and relevant to you; therefore, every single shopper may receive his or her own unique voucher.
Can I give my vouchers to somebody else to use?
No, Thank U vouchers are unique to each shopper. Your card will need to be swiped at the start of the purchase before benefiting from your vouchers.
What happens to my Thank U points if I return an item and request a refund?
On presentation of your receipt your account will be credited or you will get cash back depending on your method of payment. If you do not have your receipt you will receive a gift card. Please remember to bring your Thank U card with you when you return goods.
What happens to the account if a Thank U member passes away?
Upon the death of a member, written notification must be provided upon receipt of which the account will be closed and the Thank U points forfeited. This can be done at the Customer Services counter instore.
Can a transaction be cancelled?
Yes, this can be done during the sale, and no Thank U points will be earned as a result.
Does my Thank U card ever expire?
Your card does not expire if you use it regularly. However, if you do not use it at all for two years it will be de-activated, and you will lose any Thank U points linked to that card.
If my Thank U card has been de-activated, can it be re-activated if I start using it again?
No, you will need to re-apply for a new Thank U card.
Getting your Thank U Card
As an existing Boardmans cardholder, we’re rewarding you instantly! With the launch of the Thank U rewards programme, you automatically become a member and immediately qualify to receive benefits and start earning Thank U points every time you swipe any of your existing Boardmans cards. All at NO cost to you.
A ) Have an existing card?
Then next time you are in-store, swop your existing card for our exciting new Boardmans Thank U card or,
B ) Don’t have an existing card?
Then get to your nearest Boardmans Store and apply today. You will start benefiting from great rewards immediately. You can choose either:
- The Boardmans Thank U Card (non-account holders), or
- The Boardmans Thank U Account Card (account holders)
You earn Thank U points at the rate of 10 base points for each R1.00 spent.
Earning Thank U Points!
Earning points couldn’t be easier or quicker. We’ve devised a programme that truly rewards you. You automatically earn base points every time you swipe your card.
Plus there are great opportunities to earn bonus points. For example, earn double or 10x bonus points with our in-store promotions, which have been specially selected to help you earn bonus points quickly.
You can earn additional bonus points for choosing e-statements (once off).
Spending Thank U Points!
A minimum of 10 000 Thank U points is required for each spend.
You can check your points balance by simply asking the cashier to swipe your card at the till point before making your purchase, and then advise how many of your points you would like to spend.
You can check your points balance by visiting www.thanku.co.za or contact our call centre on 0860 112 442.
Thank U points can be spent at any of our participating stores and the conversion is also very easy. 10 000 Thank U points equals R10.00 back against future purchases.